Develop and manage an annual budget is a unique learning experience designed for association professionals. Based on the Certified Association Executive program and the Competencies for Association Executives, this course allows you to learn online at your own pace even as you take advantage of an opportunity to share thoughts and questions with your peers through a discussion forum.
Conceived for non-financial executives and managers, this course will take you through the full budgeting cycle allowing you to evaluate your own practices against a case study. You’ll further benefit from the opportunity to compare notes with your peers from across the country through the course’s social learning elements. Offered online, this workshop features:
• A case study based on one association's budgeting process
• Templates that you can adapt to your own organization's needs
• A forum for sharing the tools you use and value
• A social discussion forum where you can share ideas and learn from your peers
• A self-paced format so you can review the course at your own pace for 1 year
While completely self-paced, the course is scheduled to take place over one week to encourage greater participation amongst students in the discussion forum.
In this course, you’ll explore how to:
• Prepare cost and revenue estimates using recent actuals and vendor quotes
• Anticipate upcoming changes plus priority initiatives and forecast expenditures
• Ensure plans align with expenditure and revenue targets
• Manage cash flow and investments
• Track accurate monthly data against planned expenditures and revenue
• Adjust expenses and activities as required
This course is intended for non-financial managers and is appropriate for anyone who wants to explore strategies for developing and managing a realistic, well-researched budget.
Cost: $80 for members, $120 for non-members