Is all that experimenting with Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn achieving your goals? Or is it consuming your resources with a dubious ROI?
Your organization already has mastered the basics: you have a web site, blog and perhaps even a LinkedIn Group. If you’re leading edge, you are also experimenting with Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. What should you be doing that really works? Has Social Media really helped drive growth, improved your advocacy, and engaged your members? And how do you address risk issues such as identify theft, brand hijacking, and more? Social Media can either be a complete waste of time, or a key strategic plank for your organization. It all depends on your approach. Whether your organization is large or small, this interactive workshop will help you build a practical, pragmatic best-practices-based Social Media strategy.
- Address competing priorities by using the Social Media Priority Planner and Relationship Curve models
- Baseline capability vs campaigns
- Content Marketing
- A new model for Social Advocacy
- Tactics: blogs, twitter, video, other venues, and integration
- Old-tech: moving from email to CRM
- Options for community: in-site, public sites (Linkedin/Facebook) or outsourced
- Planning Frameworks to develop policy and mitigate risk
- Social Media Crisis Planning
- Using Social Media in events: Communications, QR codes, Twitter Walls, post-event community-building
- Connecting Social Media and Search Engine Optimization
- Social media budgeting
- Scaling strategy for the smallest and the largest organizations
- Measuring results: understand what to monitor, how to measure, and the annual planning agenda
- Developing the next steps in your plan
The Master Class will include time devoted to translating the concept and strategies into a specific action plan, Questions and Answers, Implementation brainstorming, and “Hotseat” social media feedback.
Meet Your Master Class Facilitator:
|| RANDALL CRAIG
Randall Craig has founded several successful start-ups (including 108 ideaspace) held a long-time position at a “big-four” consulting firm, and was an executive at an American public company. Randall has been advising on Web Strategy since 1994: he put the Toronto Star online, the Globe and Mail’s GlobeInvestor/Globefund, a number of financial institutions and associations, and about 100+ other major organizations.
He lectures at the Schulich School of Business, writes a blog on the Huffington Post, and is the host of Professionally Speaking TV
. Randall is the author of seven books, including the Online PR and Social Media series
, Social Media for Business
, and the upcoming Everything Guide to Starting an Online Business
. He has appeared on numerous TV and radio shows, and has been profiled in all national media.
Randall is a member of the CSAE, serves on the national board of the Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, and has earned a CFA, MBA, CMC, and a Black Belt in karate. More at www.LinkedIn.com/in/RandallCraig
You may register using the registration link at the top of the page or fill out a REGISTRATION FORM
Member $425 and Non Member $525 (breakfast and lunch included)
Cancellation: A $100 cancellation fee will apply to all cancelled registrations. No refunds after December 27, 2013. Substitutions are permitted without penalty.