THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
Does your association or its members send commercial electronic messages via email, text or social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook? Trick question… your answer is almost certainly "Yes!"
Canada’s pending Anti-Spam Law is about to fundamentally alter online marketing activities in Canada. It is perhaps the most comprehensive Anti-Spam legislation in the world, which will regulate commercial electronic messages and impose stiff new anti-spyware provisions. It will also amend Canada’s privacy law, PIPEDA, and Competition Act. Is your association ready?
Learn the following during this full-day, interactive workshop:
- The new law's scope
- New consent obligations, & related exemptions
- Anti-spyware provisions
- Amendments to PIPEDA
- Amendments to the Competition Act
- The regulatory enforcement regime (inlcuding fines of $10 Million)
- Penalties and the new private right of action
- Steps you can take NOW to prepare your association and its member for its pending implementation
Our speaker will use real-life scenarios to engage participants in a practical and interactive workshop.You will leave this workshop armed with templates to help your association and its members:
- obtain the appropriate form of consent from individuals
- post language on your website to help combat spam being sent to you
- meet the requirements for the disclosure of certain information in your online marketing emails, texts, etc.
- contract with third party service providers
Brian Bowman practices as a business lawyer with Pitblado Law who specializes in privacy, access to information, social media law, intellectual property and technology matters. Brian is a nationally recognized leader in privacy and access to information law, and is a frequent speaker, media commentator and author. He writes a professional blog at brianbowman.ca , which provides practical assistance to Canadian businesses so they can better deal with issues related to privacy, access to information and other cutting edge legal issues. He is involved in numerous volunteer efforts including serving as the current Chair to the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce and Vice-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association's National Privacy and Access Law Section.”
You may register using the registration link at the top of the page. Registration form available upon request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Breakfast and lunch included
Cancellation: A $100 cancellation fee will apply to all cancelled registrations. No refunds after April 7, 2013. Substitutions are permitted without penalty.