Recent Membership Benchmarking reports reveal that the key current challenge for associations is demonstrating value for money to members. An organization’s value statement should effectively express the prime reason why membership is necessary and important. It must clearly address why prospective members should join and existing members renew. Done properly, it helps you become the natural choice, win over prospective members earlier in the recruitment process, and stand out from the competition.
This workshop is designed to help you and your organization create a value statement that will resonate with members and effectively communicate your association’s core competencies.
Topics to be covered include:
- Understanding the real value of membership (Many of these values are not effectively promoted by associations.)
- The nine step process to create and deliver a compelling value proposition for prospective and existing members and evaluating different value statement options
- The key dimensions of a strong membership value proposition
- The research that will lead you to understanding the key value you offer for members and how to uncover hidden value
- How to demonstrate your value proposition
- How to highlight and communicate value
- How to align everyone in your organization behind delivering this value.
Why should you attend?
- To understand best practices and acquire practical tools to effectively and efficiently demonstrate value to members
- To stimulate and focus your association on what is truly important to members
- To network with other membership professionals and share issues, insights and knowledge
has over 33 years of marketing experience and has worked predominately in the education, training, personal development and consultancy sectors in the UK and overseas. Sue has helped numerous organizations ineffectively promoting themselves. Before setting up her own business in 1998, Sue spent 15 years as Marketing Director of DIALnet plc marketing to the traditional education sector. Over the years Sue has witnessed thousands of dollars being wasted using techniques that were unproven and impractical for the task at hand. Sue is a firm believer in practical, commonsense marketing that is backed up by hard evidence.
You may register using the registration link at the top of the page or submit a REGISTRATION FORM
Breakfast and lunch included
A $50 cancellation fee will apply to all cancelled registrations. No refunds after May 1, 2014. Substitutions are permitted without penalty.