CAE® Course Fees
CAE® Program Registration Form
| $699 (+GST/HST)
||This rate is for current members of CSAE. Join now!
| $799 (+GST/HST)
|CAE® New Student Kit
| $100 (+GST/HST)
|If this is your first course in the CAE® Program, make sure you select the 'CAE® New Student Kit - Book Bundle' when registering.
course is based on key competencies of association management. Each lesson has specific learning objectives and is easily adapted by the instructor to reflect the changing association environment. Each course is lead by a seasoned Certified Association Executive
This first course in the Certified Association Executive (CAE®) Program
sets the stage by introducing you to associations, what they aspire to, by whom they are led, how they are managed, what structures they employ, and how associations carry out strategies. Most decisions require associations to engage in change on a regular basis. In order to deal with change, understanding the core elements of what makes an association function is essential. It is critical that key stakeholders work together.
- Associations in Society
- Association Volunteer Leadership
- Association Executive Leadership
- Governance – Roles & Structures
- Governance – Operations & Accountability
- Strategic Management – Directions
- Strategic Management – Action & Evaluation
- Working Together
- Associations & Change
Course Learning Objectives Include
- understanding the nature and scope of association and their current challenges
- establishing implementation plans to carry out strategy and demonstrate how to use evaluation to improve performance
- developing an appreciation for the role of volunteer leadership, what support they require, and performance expectations
Course Duration & Delivery Method
The course takes place over 12 weeks and is delivered online. We recommend that you spend 10 to 12 hours per week working on the course.
There are no prerequisites to enroll in CAE 100. Prior experience working or volunteering in not-for-profit organizations such as professional or trade associations, issue specific groups and charities will aid learning. Managerial experience is recommended as well.
For more information, please contact:
Manager, CAE® Program
416.363.3555 x 242
1.800.461.3608 x 242